Nikkor AF-D 28-105 F3.5-4.5 Macro Zoom lens, A new Favourite Piece of Glass

 September in terms of Gear Acquistion Syndrome was very dangerous for my bank account.  I finally picked up the Nikkor AF-d 28-105 lens. My brother had one for years, swore by it, and was on his Nikon  F90X. Now I know why. I test drove this lens a few weeks ago finishing off a roll of Kentmere 100 at Gairloch Gardens with my friend Dana, she was in the same boat with a roll in her Olympus OM-1n, 

Now the N90S of F90X has a single autofocus point, but it's a good one, unlike the F4. I'm blown away at how crisp the macro shots were. I played around with different focal lengths, both macro and regular settings and I'm not one for point a lens at a wall and grain peeping any abberations. If I'm testing a lens, it will be in real life situations. The Nikkor AF-D 28-105 is a vario aperture from F3.5 to 4.5 and geared to advanced amateurs on a bit of a budget but seriously delivers. You could use this as a travel lens with one autofocus body, and you're set. To top it off, and I've said it before Nikon Autofocus cameas take AA batteries in the vast majority of their bodies which you can find anywhere. 


Camera: Nikon N90S, Nikkor AF-D 28-105 F3.5-4.5 Macro Zoom lens

Film: Kentmere 100, HC110 B. 



Black Eyed Susans  in the Front Garden Tail End for the Black Eyed Susans Entering the Rosegarden Floral Closeup Perfect Rose One Loitering Ducks Gairloch Gallery in the Distance_ Gairloch Rock Shores Sweetheart Carving Metal Windchime Installation_ Tiny Library got Game

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.