Shooting Square Crop on OG Fujifilm Neopan Acros 100 in Caledon and a Tough Lesson

 Haven't shot medium format much this year, just how life shakes out. If I'm headed to Jo-Anne's I'm more inclined to shoot a 35mm SLR or rangefinder because, it's just easier. Shooting original Fujifilm Neopan Acros 100 through one of my Rolleiflexes was a nice change of pace. Damn the tonality with Acros is something else. I can see why my friend James Lee has a walk in freezer full of the stuff. 

Another part of this post is a cautionary tale, it was my brithday last week and I got a birthday present no photographer ever wants to get. A short story, I was running with Lightroom 5, an owned copy that first saw life on my Macbook Pro many moons ago. I kept it when everyone else long went onto the Creative Cloud train, figuring I would upgrade when I retire this iMac I'm currently on next year. 

Well, the day before my birthday Lightroom 5 crashed like a Zeppelin into a New Jersey farm field. Figured ok, I'll do a restore from back up. Nope. Since Lighroom 5 is no longer supported by Adobe or Apple, it would not restore. So I broke down and got Lightroom Classic on a photography Creative Cloud package from Adobe. Downloaded, still no dice with a restore from back. LR5 was just too old and all my old catalogues, poof, gone.  So, I'm reimporting photos, slowly, while I'm scanning new stuff and building new catalogues. 

The Big Teachable Moment. Don't be a cheap bastard and hold off on the software update, technology these days can bite us in the ass if we're not careful. In this case I had a birthday full of tears and regret knowing I'll have to re scan old family slides. It is what it is. 

Here ends the After School Special lesson, stay current with software and shoot more medium format if you can. 

Canera: Series E, 3.5 planar Rolleiflex Twin Lens Reflex Camera. 

Film: Fujifilm Neopan Acros (the OG stuff) 100, Ilfotec HC 1+31. 


Belfountain Cafe Corner Retro Trimuph Thruxton Parked Kawasaki_ Bush St. on Thursday Bush St. By the Belfountain Cafe North Hill Chairlift Aug 2023 Stone Retail Store in Alton Downtown Alton Retail Strip Alton Bike Store_ Mercedes SL500 For Sale Clouds over Alton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Barnack Madness, What Was I Thinking?