ORWO UN 54 Revisited

 Love shooting with ORWO's UN 54, still sitting on some bulk rolls in the freezer, that's why I like so much. I'm not going to comment on their current ownership and hold out hope that maybe Lomography will make them an offer they can't refuse some day. 

UN54 is a 100 ISO daylight balanced black and white motion picture stock that is leveraged as a still film. You can get in 100ft/30m bulk rolls, or spooled up 35mm cassettes from a variety of sources. Lomography sell this film under the Lomo Kino Potsdam name. Prior to the great pack and purge of 2023 in Oakville and the move of 2024 to the city, I used D76 or ID-11as the developer of choice. Problem, I don't have the room to store stock D75/ID-11 in my condo, so I had to find a liquid developer that can do the job well. In come's Ilford's Ilfotec DDX at a 1+4 dilution, DDX is their version of Kodak's Tmax developer. 

I used the developing time provided by Lomography for Potsdam and it worked perfectly. There's a lot of snap to these negatives, more than any thing it was the last roll I shot in my Beaches stay and I was out to experiment a bit. Now that I have a time to process UN54 I'm shooting a lot more it again. 


Camera: Nikon FM3A, Nikkor AIS lenses. 

Film: ORWO UN 54, Ilfotec DDX 1+4. 


Legion on Coxwell Aug 2024 Traffic Snarl at Coxwell and Gerrard Aug 2024 Coxwell Gerrard and Harry's Charbroiled All Day Breakfast Corner Neighbourhood Watch on the Wall Butler's Restaraunt Equipment Looking at Gerrard On the Other Side of Coxwell Supreme Juice Bar Occasions and Stop 55 East End House in the Upper Beaches East End  Semi Detached House in the Upper Beaches Townhouses at the End Edgewood House and Bike Fitzgerald Mews Aug 2024 Front Yards North of Orchard Park Almost Twin Houses North of Queen Beaches Triangle Housing Aug 2024 Beaches Triangle Houses with Carports and Porches Beaches Triangle House on the Corner with Porches Late Afternoon on Woodbine Walking the South Side of Queen St. East Late Day Greetings from The Beach South Side of Queen Retail Aug 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barnack Madness, What Was I Thinking?

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk