Bergger Pancro and Rodinal 1+25

Bergger Pancro 400, a dual layer black and white film that looks beautiful in medium and large film formats, the tonality is gorgeous. In 35mm, the tonality is there but we got grain, a fair amount of it. I decided to give it the college try to crack the cold of Panrco 400 in 35mm, the first roll you seel below was processed in Rodinal 1+25. Yup, grain, reminds me of J and C Classicpan or Fortepan 400 from 15+ years ago. Great tonality but grain you can play nine innings with.

My Portrait with Alexandria has the depth, and I like what I got out of it, the shots during the rain on Kerr St. look great but downtown Oakville was dark and lacking in shadow detail which is hard to come boy. Not sure I'm going to process again in Rodinal, I have shot a roll of Pancro 400 up in Elora a few years back with some success with it being processed in HC110 B. Now the big proviso, I shot this roll at 320 ISO which usually gives me shadow detail I need, I may have to expose at 250 ISO and see what that gvies me, especially with HC110 B again. There's a ton of silver in this emulsion, so stay tuned for the next roll.


Camera: Asahi Pentax Spotmatic F, SMC Takumar lenses.
Film: Bergger Pancro 400, Rodinal 1+25.

Alexandria 1

Kerr St. in the Rain 1

Kerr St. in the Rain 3 Looking North

Kerr St. in the Rain 2 Looking South

Oakville Public Library

Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts

16 Mile Creek Curve and No Boats

Oakville Streetcar Station Repurposed

Plenty of Free Parking Behind the Old Post Office

Playground is Closed


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.