July 2006, My first Self Processed Roll of Black and White film Revisited.

Let's go back in time 14 years to a hot July afternoon in 2006, deep in the time before. I remember this day, it was humid, and the skies opened up at some point in the afternoon. I remember getting an ice cream cone from an Ice cream stand at Bloor and Brunswick, I grabbed a shot of the woman who served me, I wonder where she is now? The Ice Cream spot, I have no idea if that's still going or not, I don't visit the Annex all that often, I know the used book store on the corner just west of UofT's St. George campus is long gone.

The other thing about this particular roll of film is up until now I was getting my film processd through Henrys, and it got to the point the economics were killing me and with some up front investment I could do it myself. I took the plunge after getting set up at Downtown Camera. I remember that night, I was prepping like it was a space shuttle flight. I was giddy when the negs came out of the tank post rince and Photo Flo bath. Going back and rescanning into TIFF files and doing some proper processing in Lightroom pulls out some gems.


Camera: Asahi Pentax Spotmatic F, SMC Takumar 55 F1.8 lens.
Film: Ilford Delta 100, HC110 B.

Take Out Service_

Looking up Brunswick Ave

Annex Row Houses

Annex Alleyway Garage

Annex Backyard

Annex Alleyway

Annex Rowhouse Detail

Happy Serving Ice Cream_

Bloor and Brunswick Bike Parking_

Used Bookstore That's No More


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.