A Day in Brock Township

 Yes Virgina, Beaverton exists and it lies on the eastern shores of Lake Simcoe, in a transition zone between farming counry in Brock Township and cottage country of the Kawarthas to the east. My personal  connection to Beaverton is two fold, two cousins are the custodians of the Smith-Stewart-Grant Cottage in Cedarhurst just south of town and two, my great uncle Masson up until the late 1940s was the town doctor.  Jo-Anne was up in North Bay for a family visit and I had the weekend to myself. Would have gone Saturday but the weather wasn't condusive for day trips. Even on Sunday when I went up the light, was, well, weird. Smoke from the wild fires in Northern Ontario and Quebec was lingering in the atmosphere and it felt humid as in thunderstorms could pop up in the afternoon humid. 

That didn't stop me from shooting two rolls of Kodak Ektar 100 through my Nikon F100 on this day trip. Roll one you see here, it was a fun day and I got a chance to try out a new lens, a Nikon AF-D 20 F2.8 lens, the widest glass in my fleet. The 20 F2.8 is a fun lens to shoot with, that said, the aftermarket lens hood I got vignetted, I found the OEM Nikon lens hood on EBay and is in transit because I plan to use this lens a fair bit. 



Camera: Nikon F100, NIkon AF-D 28-105 F3.5-4.5 Zoom Lens, 70-210 F4-5.5 Zoom Lens and 20 F2.8 AF-D lens. 

Film: Kodak Ektar 100 



Cedarhusrt Barn Two June 2023 Cedarhusrt Barn Silo June 2023 Cedarhusrt Barn Door June 2023 Mitchell's Fish Huts June 2023 Last Boathouse Before the Marina Boathouses on the Beaver River Two June 2023 Boathouses on the Beaver River Boat Mooring By Barny's June 2023 Boathouses With Boat Mooring Underneath June 2023 Heading Out Onto Lake Simcoe_ unused Boathouse Prime Creekside Property Beaverton Marina_ Beaverton Boat Houses Street Side Orange GMC Pick Up Truck Downtown Beaverton on Simcoe St Downtown Beaverton on Osbourne St Jack Simcoe Ice Cold Beer Red Hot Wings Beaverton Mural on Ben's Pharmacy Ben's Pharmacy Simcoe St. South Side Whimpy Storefront Empty Simcoe Sr Empty Downtown Beaverton Great Uncle Masson's House and Surgery June 2023 Realtors Collective  Beaverton_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Barnack Madness, What Was I Thinking?