Leica M2, and Light Lens Lab 8 Element 35 F2 lens.

 New camera and lens time. In my continuing bout of gear acquisition syndrome this past spring, I rescued an early production button rewind Leica M2 at Burlington Camera, it needed some love. The veiwfinder needed fixing and everything else could have used an adjusting and lubrication. I got it back just before I moved to the city and my M2 felt brand new in my hands, and "just right." 

The other bit of kit I bought was the Light Lens Lab tribute/reproduction note for note, the eight element 35 F2 Summicron lens from Leica right down to the type of glass used in the lens elements. The original eight element Summicron has gotten silly expensive of late, having read a ton of reviews on this lens and not being a Leica purist, I bought the lens. What I found was LLL 35 F2 performed really well with Cinestill 400D in both foggy almost damp weather and on a super sunny day. 

Am I done buying Leica gear? Don't know. Maybe a M mount 28mm lens in the medium term future. Right now I have some things I want to buy for the condo, like shelving for my camera gear. 


Camera: Leica M2 button Rewind, Light Lens Lab Eight Element 35 F2 "Summicron" Lens. 

Film: Cinestill 400, processed by Graination Lab. 


Erskine Apartment with Curved Balconies Fresh Buy Market July 2024 Green Valley Products Home Truck July 2024 Foggy Yonge and Eglington_ Yonge St, Looking at the Capital Project Red Harley The View Along Erskine Block Condos on Yonge NE Corner of Yonge and Manor Road Yonge St Cosntruction Cranes South of Canada Square Yonge St South of Manor Road Yonge St Retail Between Manor and Belsize The View Towards Yonge in Davisville Village Crossing Mount Pleasant at Belsize Empty Mount Pleasant Road The Regant Straight On Goofy Jo-Anne July 2025 Serious Jo-Anne July 2025 Circle K Korner on Mount Pleasant_ Mount Pleasant Town Houses July 2025 Yonge and Eglington Skyline from Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood Convenience and Broadway Dental Quiet on Roehampton_ Zig Zag Apartment Balconies Zig Zag Apartment Balconies Two Redpath Apartment Driveway JUly 2024 1970s Apartment Bloc Balconies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barnack Madness, What Was I Thinking?

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk