A First Taste of Kodacolor 100 Through My Nikon F3/T

 Eastman Kodak has been very busy with their distribution channels and dropped all sorts of film some familiar, some re-named due to Alaris holding onto the Tmax and Portra brand names. In the middle of the product re-patriation Kodak introduced Kodacolor 100 which intrigued me. My friend Ori shot with the film and swears up and down it's not Kodak Alaris Pro Image 100, something else, a tweaked verion of Lomo 100 C-41 maybe? I've shot my share of Pro Image 100 over the years, I find it to be a more neutral medium speed film compared to the very punchy Ektar 100. 

From my last stint with Pro Image 100 was in May with my Spotmatic II and Super Multi Coated Takumar glass, the resutls were quite neutral, pleasant and just delivers. Kodacolor 100 has a bit more punch, not Ektar 100 saturation but there's a bit more. I can see why my friend Ori likes this film a lot. I do too. 

Kodacolor 100 is easy to scan, I just use the Pro Image 100 setting in Silverfast with very minimal colour correction in Lightroom. In this case which one do I prefer? I have more Pro Image 100 in my fridge at present but I think over time, I'm switching over to Kodacolor 100. 




Camea: Nikon F3/T, Nikkor AIS lenses. 

Film: Kodak Kodacolor 100. 


The York Club Entrance June 2026 The York Club Hot Dog Stand June 2026 St. George and Bloor St. June 2026 Boarded Up Faculty House June 2026 St. George Roofline June 2026 Neighbourhood Watch June 2026 Alleyway Coach House June 2026 Coach House Press One June 2026 Coach House Press Doors June 2026 Coach House Press Reading List in the Window June 2026 Coach House Press Two June 2026 Benches on the Front Porch June 2026 Huron Ave Housing June 2026 Huron Ave Front Porches June 2026 Chelsea Shop Corner June 2026 Moderinist House on Huron June 2026 Glen Morris Street June 2026 Reflected Skies June 2026 Sage Vespa June 2026 TOPW Members June 2026 Student Grub at Spadina and College June 2026 Spadina and Harbord June 2026 Fuscia Blloom June 2026 Harbord Alleyway Art June 2026 Harbord and Robert Sts. June 2026 Harbord Convenience June 2026 {etunias For Sale June 2026 Harbord House June 2026 Harbord and Brunswick June 2026 Tagged Front Wall June 2026 Harbord and Borden June 2026 Reflection, Cans and Bottles June 2026 Candy Wall June 2026

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Drive Back Down 35 Through Dorset and Minden

The Canon EOS 1n, the Camera that Made Life Difficult for Nikon

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)