Back Half of Winter In Toronto


I love shooting with Rollei Retro 400S, and on a sunny day a few weeks ago I wanted to see how far I can go. If the Inuit have a thousand words for snow, we should have at least 500 words for the grey skies we've experienced this past winter (pewter anyone?). This film is great for those kind of days but how does it handle in the bright sun? Not too bad provided you expose at 200 ISO and develop normally.

On this little trip I tested out the MR9 battery adapter in my Olympus OM-1md, I rescued from the recycling bin. The camera itself was mint, everything worked perfectly including the meter but it was off due to the fact the camera tool the old 1.3volt mercury 625 battery. This is a handy solution and I'm quite happy with the exposures.


Camera: Olympus OM-1md, Zuiko 50 f1.8 and 35 f2.8 lenses.
Film: Rollei Retro 400S, HC110 B.

York St. Union Station Sign_

Front St. in the Bright Sun

Yonge and Temperance in the Shade_

Crystal at Lunch_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.