Beaverton Fun, Also, Don't be a Dumbass.

I wanted to roll through Beaverton solo before heading back to the city, I reloaded my XE-7, thinking it was Portra 400 like the last roll. Spoiler Alert, it wasn't.

Dumb me didn't look closely at the cannister to notice it was actually Portra 160, and I underexposed by 2/3 a stop. Consulting the hive mind of the film photography community, I opted for a one stop push because I usually over expose Portra 400 at 250 ISO. Burlington Camera came to the rescue with some developing magic.

My Great Uncle Mason Smith M.D. is on the Beaverton anniversary wall on the side of the now closed and up for lease movie theatre, he was the town doctor up until the mid 1940s. My great aunt Mary-Elinor hates that image, says it looks nothing like him. Needless to say with the future of the anniversarywall up in the air, there won't be a late night replacement of my great uncle's likeness which also shares the same wall as Hockey Night in Canada broadcast pioneer Foster Hewitt. Most like both crossed paths at some point in Beaverton.



Camera: Minolta XE-7, MC Rokkor X lenses.
Film: Kodak Portra 160, pushed one stop, see the whole sordid tale above.

Beaverton Memorial Wall One

Beaverton Memorial Wall Five

The Strand Movie Theatre

Beaverton Variety_

Hot Pot Bar

Blue Ribbon Tea

Beaverton Sidewalk Traffic

Great Uncle Mason's Old Surgery Two

Town Barber Shop

Downtown Beaverton_

Brock Township Field off 12

Hidden Boarded Up Farm House II

No Tresspassing

Spotty Clouds over 47 Side Road




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Barnack Madness, What Was I Thinking?