A 1980s Colour Film with a 1980s SLR (Kodak Color Plus 200, Nikon FE2)


Kodak Color Plus 200 crossed my path I think courtesy the Film Photography Project a few months ago and while I was first intrigued with Pro Image 100, the buzz around Color Plus 200 caught my eye more recently. This film is based on an older emulstion technology hence the feeling you are looking at almost a 1980s feel.

I wanted to try some Color Plus 200 to see what the fuss is about and I'm glad I did. For this little test run I used my Nikon FE2 which I'll talk more about in my next post, I wanted a 1980s vintage camera for playing with a 1980s style film. The rolls of Color Plus 200  I shot, I exposed at box speed and I'm very happy with the results.

Bear in mind you're going to get a warm cast in the negative scans which you will either love or maybe not so much. I find the saturation middle of the road while I haven't posted a photo on here I did a group shot of some friends and the skin tones are pretty much bang on from I can see on my iMac Retina screen.

The big bonus with Color Plus 200 it's dirt cheap coming in on average around $6.50 CAD per roll. No it will not replace Portra 400 for critical projects but I plan on using this film if I want to invoke a bit of a gentler time or for just walking around.

Camera: Nikon FE2, Nikkor Ais lenses.
Film: Kodak Color Plus 200.

Goof 35mm July 2019

Resting 501 at Neville Park Loop

RC Harris July 2019

RC Harris Four July 2019

RC Harris Secret Beach One

Retriever Cooling Off

Three Beach VIP Seats

Setting Up at Leuty St. Lifeguard Station

Leuty St. Boat Shed and Shelter_

Most of the Lifeboats are Out

Breakwall Palm_

Beaches Fire Station Thursday July 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.