Brock Township A Pilgramage of Sorts

The trip up to Cannington and Beaverton I talked about last week was a pilgramage of sorts. It was a gathering of cousins and one great aunt to fill in the blanks of family history. The Smith family settled what is now Brock Township in Cannington since about the early 1830s (thought it was the early 1820s but I was a decade off), and being a large family were quite prolific, even if a bunch of us did scatter over the decades, in my branch, grandddad moved to Montreal for work after World War One, hence the generational detour through Quebec. Relatives also settled in Toronto including the Great Grandparents after they sold the feed busienss in Cannington settled in what is now Corso Italia on St. Clair just east of Dufferin.

It was a family history lesson for me, I know a lot, but I'm filling in the blanks as I am for my cousins. I hope this happens again next year becuase it's my chance to see great aunt Mary Elinor. I know both my cousins Anne and Janet it was their first visit to Morningside too, and they were in the same head space I was for the weekend.

Camera: Minolta XE-7, MC Rokkor X lenses.
Film: Kodak Portra 400

Brock Township Corn Field_

Stone Church Window

Top of the Church Window

Stone Church Behind the Trees_

Church Entrance in the Shade

Church Stone_


Lake Simcoe on the Edge of Sunset II

Lake Simcoe on the Edge of Sunset

Cedarhurst Shores

Sunday Morning at Morningside_

Magenta Petunia Up Close

Purple and White Petunias Up Close



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.