Hike up at Limehouse Conservation Area with Jo-Anne

 I took Jo-Anne up to one of my happy places, Limehouse Conservation Area a few weeks ago for a hike, she forgot her camera so I loaned her one of my Canon FTb's. I ran with a Nikon F90X with my 28-105 zoom lens. which was perfect for the hike and shot with Kodak Portra 400. With this walk in the woods changed my mind with workflow and with Portra 400, I finally cracked the scanning code, more on that later. 

Jo-Anne loved Limehouse, since we were out on the weekend, the trail was surprisingly busy for mid November. What saddened me was due to the number of idiots during the pandemic, the Credit River Conservation Authority had to "bubble wrap" some parts of the conservation area because of local idiots looking for that shot for Instagram or backdrop for their TikTok Video. That's the reason why the arch part of sawmill ruins is now wrapped up in construction fencing. Also, there were rope boundries which weren't there back in the spring. Thanks idiots, this is why we can't have nice things. 

Now back to colour film. With recent exerpiences shooting colour through my F4 back on my Muskoka Photography retreat, shooting a roll of Ektar 100 through the same F90X I used today and some Lomo 400 through my F100 that hasn't been scanned yet. I'm thinking of shooting colour exclusively through my Nikon autofocus bodies. You can thank the Matrix metering for getting the exposure bang on, every, single, time. With C-41 colour film climbing in price, I can't afford to not get it right. That simple. While I finally figured out Portra 400, I can't get the stuff locally or even through BH Photo (even they are backordered) 

How did I get Portra 400 looking a lot better, I'm not overexposing quite so much, so instead of 200 ISO, I'm rating at 320 and its looking really good. Sometimes you don't need to over do it with over exposure. 


Camera: Nikon F90X, Nikkor AF-D 28-105 F3.5-4.5 Zoom Lens. 

Film: Kodak Portra 400. 


22nd Side Road Birdge Single Lane Limehouse Limestone Kiln_ Jo-Anne at Lime House Crossing the Creek Bridge Part of the Bruce Trail_ Wrapped Arch over the Creek Stairs up on the Bruce Jo-Anne Getting the Shot Wooden Bruce Trail Portion in Limehouse_ Roots on the Limehouse Escarpment Very Big Crack in the LImehouse Escarpment At the top of the Ladder Y Crack in the Escarpment Roots Reaching Down Escarpment Breaking Off Part Two Late Fall on the Lime House Bruce Stretch Jo-Anne Photographing Something Late Afternoon on the Creek Limehouse Village Hall Entrance Limehouse Village Hall On the Corner 22nd Side Road On the Corner 22nd Side Road Bridge Over the Former GTR Tracks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.