Chrome Nikkormat FT3, last of the Nikkormats.

 

I got this camera on a whim, I already had a black Nikkormat FT3 that was gifted to my by fellow Classic Camera Revival Podcast cohost and dear friend Alex Luykx but being the collector I am of course a chrome body had to join at some point. I owned a pair of Nikon FM's, reliable cameras until they weren't, lost the meter on one and the other is just a problem child and money pit. The only thing I had to do with the chrome FT3 was replace the seals, which took a leisurely afternoon with steady hands.

The chrome Nikkormat FT3 looks pristine, and the meter was rock solid, this was a camera at the end of its design life. I plan to sell off both my FMs as is/parts/project cameras, the Nikkormat FT3s fill that roll nicely, especially the chrome one. I also added another Ai 50 F1.4 lens along with Ai 35 F2 lens filling my "Super hits of the 1970s" kit. The funny thing, both my FE's just keep on trucking while the FM's became problem children. The perils of heavily used, or, cameras that sat for 40 years. 


Camera: Nikkormat FT3, Nikkor Ai 50 F1.4, Ai 28 F2.8 lens. 

Film: Ilford HP5 400, Ilfotec HC 1+31. 



Nikkormat FT3 Thomas St. Looking North to Lakeshore Lakeshore Looking at Geroge St. April 2022 Crossing Lakeshore at Geroge St. April 2022 House at Allen and MacDonald  April 2022 Reynolds and MacDonald  April 2022 Toll Gate Keeper's Cottage Two MacDonald  April 2022 Bongs Variety April 2022 Carpenter's House April 2022 Jo Anne and I April 2022 George Square War Memorial April 2022 Mercedes AMG Coupe April 2022 Walking the Lakeshore Bridge April 2022 Empty 16 Mile Creek April 2022 Halfway Across 16 Mile Creek on Lakeshore Bridge Forsythe Town House Front Stoops 55 Forsythe Harbour Payphone Empty Oakville Harbour April 2022 Closed No Access April 2022 Waiting for the Sailboats April 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.