An Untintended Grail Camera Purchase: Early Production Black Nikon F

I stopped by Burlington Camera a few weeks ago to get some colour film processed, only I usually don't walk out with just my negatives, well this time, I walked out with a grail. Yes, it was an impulse purchase but one that I'm pleased with

 I'm a sucker for the Nikon F, I have two metered bodies and two eye level prism heads. I don't own a black Nikon F, these cameras are a little rarer on the collector market as Nikon made most of their F's in chrome. Nikon Camera collectors love early and late production examples, and I got lucky with this Nikon as its serial number starts with 640 which means it was made within the first year of production, in my case, January 1960. So not only I got a Nikon F that's black but also an early serial number. The film advance and self-timer levers were correct to the camera, the prism was super clean but the back came from a later production run, but that's ok.

My black F works flawlessly. That can be attributed to the previous owner, a photojournalist who bought this camera new and kept his gear in good working order.


Camera: Nikon F, Nikkor H 50 f2 lens.
Film: Fomapan 400, HC110 B.

Early black Nikon F

The 505 Streetcar Westbound to High Park

Chinatown East Semi_h

Bicycle Mural One

Gerrard Looking West March 2019

Lumberking Sign_

VW Bus with Front Spare Tire

Portrait Mural



Alley North of Gerrard

Figurine on Greenwood

Danforth and Greenwood

John in the Shadows


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.