Minoltas Keep Finding Me.


I'm a sucker for Minolta SRT models. Recently I was gifted an SRT 101 by my friend Alex Montagano of Restore Montreal , it was an early 1970s version  with the chrome shutter speed dial. I put it aside for a while because I couldn't get the battery cover off. With some improvisation I managed to get the cover off and thankfully no corrosion. I popped a battery with an MR-9 adapter the meter fired up, a little jumpy on occasion but she's reasonbly accurate for black and white or colour negative film.

College St. in Little Italy was the backdrop for this test run. My new to me Minolta SRT 101 works pretty good. I was smart to pack a handeld light meter just in case, and I shot Rollei RPX 400 near box speed at 320 for shadow detail. I had no light leaks which is great and the shutter speeds seam accurate.

Camera: Minolta SRT 101, MC Rokkor lenses.
Film: Rollei RPX 400, HC110 B.

This makes SRT 101 number three in my Minolta fleet.

Sneakey Dee's Corner

This IS The Place

Monarch Tavern One

Monarch Tavern Two

Two Wheel Commute on College

College and Grace

College and Montrose

El Catto Nero

Eastbound College Street Car

Westbound Mercedes Van

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.