Around Toronto City Hall

My friend Kelvin Samson from the Toronto Film Shooters Facebook Group loaned me his 7 Artisans 35 f2 M mount lens to try on my M4-2. I've heard some interesting things about this lens and from what I've read from reviews it's a classic Sonnar design people are either going to love, or hate depending on what they are shooting with.

From my experience shooting this lens stopped down around F11, it's sharp and gives a rather old school look, I didn't have an opportunity to shoot wide open. Some of the comments are from mirrorless digital shooters complaining of softness in the corners. If you're shooting film in either a Leica or Voightlander body you're getting more classic late 1950s to late 1960s look.

Right off, 7 Artisans doesn't have the build quality of say a 35 f2 Summicron but you're also not dropping $3K plus on a lens either. I can buy a 7 Artisans 35 f2 for about $400 CAD from either BH Photo or 35MMC, there is an accessory lens hood which I always recommend investing in. Will I buy one? I might, it's a nice alternative to sifting through Canon 35 F2 LTM lenses looking for an example that's not infested with fungus or hazier than a New England IPA, plus characater is nice.

Leica M4-2, Canon 50 F1.8 lens, 7 Artisans 35 f2 lens.
Film: Rollei RPX 400, HC110 B.

Shot on the 7 Artisans 35 f2 lens.
Slush Truck on the Side of Queen St

Food Truck Row on Queen St

Toronto Sign Behind the Fountain

Toronto City Hall May 2019

Shot on the Canon 50 f1.8 lens

Looking Towards Nathan Philips Square

Northwest Corner of Nathan Philips Square

Financial District Skyline

Looking Towards the Giant Water Fountain

Looking Up the Stairs to Old City Hall and the CF Tower

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.