Doors Open, R.C. Harris Water Filtration Plant Upper Level.


Everyone has seen my exterior photos of the RC Harris Water Filtration plant over the years, I love photographing this art deco gem from the outside. This storied building has been used as a literary backdrop for Michael Ondaatje's Skin of a Lion (one of my favourite novels) and a movie and TV set for just about every super max prison, mental hospital and supervillian lair you can think of.

I got a chance to check out the inside with this year's Door's Open Toronto event, the weather Saturday could be best described as Iceland in September (cold and wet), and I had fun. The one thing I regret was not packing my Nikkor Ais 24 f2.8 lens, I could have used just a bit more in the frame.

What I've done is split this up into two posts, today you're getting the upper level and the next post will be the lower level of R.C. Harris where the pumping systems are.


Camera: Nikon FE2, Nikkor Ai 50 f1.4 lens, Ais 28 f2.8 lens.
Film: Ilford HP5 400 pushed to 1600, HC110 B.

RC Harris Spring 2019

Upper RC Harris 1

Upper RC Harris 2

Upper RC Harris 4

Upper RC Harris 8

Upper RC Harris 5

Upper RC Harris 9

Upper RC Harris 6

Upper RC Harris 7


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.