Peterborough Ontario Black and White.

The Toronto Film Shooters Facebook on the first weekend of Summer day tripped up to Peterborough for a change of scenary and met up with the Kingston Film Shooters Group. The sun was out and it actually felt like Summer (Yay to the end of Deluxe April). I met some great people and we talked about gear, film and photography in general.

On this trip I packed two cameras, one of my Canon New F-1's loaded with Ferrania P30 Alpha and my Leica M3 loaded up wth Kodak Pro Photo 100 which I'll showcase next blog post.

Ferrania P30 is an 80 ISO black and white motion picture stock turned still film that magically appeared a year and half ago during Film Ferrania's tortuous re-birth. This film was  motion picture stock used to make a lot of classic Italian films in the late 1950s and early 1960s. P30 was and will be sold again in 36 frame rolls and processes well in a variety of black and white developers, in my case I used HC110 dillution B. My advice to anywone, follow the instructions to the letter as this film can be finnicky to develop. The ideal developer is D96 but that's not readily available, the boys at Cinestill are planning to sell it powder form to make one litre stock solution I think. That I'll try as I have one roll left and whole bunch of ORWO UN54.

Now shooting Ferrania P30, this film LOVES sunlight. I shot a roll last year on a less than ideal day on the May long weekend. I killed two rolls on this day trip, again I'll show the results of the second roll later on. You want to use a camera with an accurate meter. Yeah, hindsight, I should have ran with my Nikon F4 but the Canon New F-1 did the job nicely.

Ferrania my guess will have P30 back next year, maybe. Experienced film shooters will have a ball, those starting out might get frustrated as P30 like a vintage Italian sports car, doesn't suffer fools gladdly.


Camera: Canon New F-1, FDn 135 f2.8 lens, FDn 50 f 1.4 lens, FDn 28 f2.8 lens.
Film: Ferrrania P30 Alpha, HC110 B.

Quaker Oats Spur

Waterfront Parking_

Old Peterborough Canadian Pacific Train Station

Canadian Pacific Train Bridge I

Canadian Pacific Train Bridge IV

Tree and Bench

Corner of Engleburn Ave

CP Havelock Sub Swing Bridge

Trent Severin Waterway

Trent Severin Lock 21 2

Trent Severin Lock 21 Customer

Trent Severin Lock 21Upper Level

Trent Severin Lock 21Upper Level Control Tower

Walking Towards Downtown Peterborough

Walking By Quaker Oats

Quaker Oats Unloading Area II

Peterborough Courthouse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.