In my Own Backyard Challenge Accepted.

Winter weather, shot on the week of November 11 and you're seeing this mid December. Yes, I'm a month behind. My friend and Defend the Darkroom podcast co-host Paulette Michayluk challenged me one day when I said I have a hard time shooting around Oakville because of excessive familiarity. She said always be shooting in your own backyard because things always change.

I took that as challenge excepted. The added bonus is the re-opening of Tannery Park and which added not only a new vantage point but also opens up all sorts of possiblities at different times of the year. The other challenge is shooting mostly with just one lens. I love my nifty fifty lenses, with the Nikkor O 35 f2 lens I had a bit more to work with in terms of framing the photograph. The one time I popped my Nikkor P 105 F2.5 lens on to grab another vantage point for Erchiss, I always shoot on the eastern side of 16 Mile Creek, the bonus is the winter wonderland.

The back end I documented the recently re-opened Lakeshore Road, I like the end results as it makes the downtown much more pedestrian friendly. I find it a lot safer crossing lakeshore road at crosswalks as the redesigned street scapes forces cars to slow down.

Camera: Nikkormat FTn, Nikkor O 35 f2 lens, Nikkor P 105 f2.5 lens.
Film: Rollei RPX 400, HC110 B.

King St. in the Snow

Heritage Houses on Thomas

Lakeside Park in the Snow

Historic Cottage

Snow Covered Historic Post Office_

Snow Covered Tannary Park One

Front Row Seats to Winter Sunshine

Stored Sailboats

Erchliss from Tannery Park

Wrapped Up Sail Boat

Wave Bench

Photographing Deep in Tannery Park

Three Chairs in the Snow

Recently Re Opened Lakeshore Rd._

Late Afternoon In Front of Black Forest Bakery

Chirstmas Decorations in a Planter

Chirstmas Decorations in a Planter Three

Complimentry Sidewalk Seating






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.