Lomo Kino Berlin 400 in 120 Format.

Lomography is always out to do interesting stuff. They aren't the first company to re-spool motion picture film stock for still photography. They have whoever taken ORWO UN 54 and N74 and renamed them as Potsdam and Berlin. I've shot UN 54 it's a great 100 ISO black and white film, I've shot N74 under the Bergger BRF+400 name. What Lomography has done is make both films available in 120, and I had one roll of Berlin to shoot and it went through my brother's Texas Leica (yes kids, I want one, bad) and the results you see below.

It's nice film but I found it has a tendency to develop newton rings while scanning, and this has only happened with this particualar emulsion. Nothing a little cloning can't fix. I processed in HC110 B, the results are pretty good. Now I do plan to try D76 with some rolls of Berlin in 35mm, we'll see. Is it worth $11 CAD a roll? Well, if you are looking for something a bit different, yes, you get a chance to shoot black and white motion picture stock with really big negatives. It's not my go 400 ISO black and white film, I have one of them I'll talk about next post on Wednesday.



Camera: Fujica GW690III. 90 F3.5 Fujion Lens.
Film: Lomo Kino Berlin 400, HC110 B.


Looking up Sarah Ashbridge Ave

Pleasentville Intersection_

Erosion Control at the Beaches

Beaches Board Walk Wed March 11

Lifeguard Station Wed March 11

Fork in the Path  Wed March 11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.