My New Olympus OM-1n, Pandemtic Buying and the First Day of the New Reality

Show of hands, who in the studio audience has been buying gear during the pandemic? I'm guilty as charged. I already have a black OM-1n but the meter needs fixing, but this one (minus the 50 f1.4 Zuiko lens of course) showed up on Facebook Market Place at a price I couldn't say no to, which is roughly the price at getting the meter fixed. Usually I would do these transactions over coffee at a Starbucks. Well that was off the table with the new pandemic rules. The seller and I met up in a parking lot between a Tim Hortons and a FreshCo supermarket and to a casual observer at a distance it looked like an arms deal.  Of course we practiced physical distancing and everyone was pleased with the transaction.

So, the new to me OM-1n, it's in great shape and for what I would pay to get my other one fixed I had a body with a meter peforming perfectly and converted to use 1.5 batteries to boot, what's not to like? Everything checked out, no issues with frame spacing, the shutter was perfect. and the viewfinder was super clean. I shot the test roll the week of March 15 during week one of The Great Shut Down. I now have two black OM-1n's, and that's ok.

Camera: Olympus OM-1n, Zuiko S 50 f1.4, 28 f2.8 lens.
Film: Ultrafine Extreme 400, HC110 B.

Olympus OM-1n

William St. Sidewalk_

64  Navy March 2020

Carpedia March 2020

Grainary March 2020

16 Mile Creek March 2020

16 Mile Creek Looking North March 2020

Reflected Dredging  March 2020

Smack in the Turn Lane

Bru Set Up for Takeout_

St. George's Square and the 7


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.