Out with the Spotmatic and a Heavy After Market Lens.

 I haven't shot much with the Spotmatic much but since it feels more like early May than  mid April, I wanted to burn a roll of bulk loaded Rollei RPX 400 I found in the bottom of a camera bag recently. I was loaned a third party lens by my friend and Classic Camera Revival cohost John Meadows. The Polaris 7-230 zoom lens is a boat anchor, the classic cusp of the 1970s third party lens usually marketed with some sexist advertising in quarter page ad towards the bottom of the page in one of the photography magazines of the day. I think the cheesecake glamour photography was a distraction from the fact a lot of third party zoom lenses in the very late 1960s and early 1970s were dogs, there were some exceptions. I have my opinions on this lens, you will just have to wait and hear the episode in a couple of months. 

The other thing I managed to capture was a decent photo of my brother Alex and my nephew Marcus. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the reality my nephew is taller than me now, and is still a dead ringer for my late dad. In a way the Pentax Spotmatic is the camera to capture that photo. 


Camera: Asahi Pentax Spotmatic, Super Multi Coated Takumar 55 f1.8 lens. Polaris 70-230 F4.5 zoom lens. 

Film: Rollei RPX 400, HC110 B. 



Spotmatic and Polaris Telephoto Zoom Lens. Anglican Church Colours Flying Outdoor Church Bench in the Garden UPS Truck Making its Way Old Oakville Stucco House Afternoon in Lakeside Park Old Post Office and Cabin White House Near the End of William St Orkney Isle Close Up_ Stairs By the OPL March 2021 Looking Across the Street_ Backyard Set Up Marcus and Alex

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.