Morningside Cottage

 Lake Simcoe is a gateway to cottage country in Ontario of sorts. Roughly an hour's drive north of Toronto, while not not one of the Great Lakes, it is a really big lake that draws people year around for fishing. 

Morningside Cottage has been in the Smith-Stewart family since it was first built in the 1920s. The original plans were found in the walls by my cousins Leslie and Wendy and now framed and hanging in the front dining room. In many respects aside from the updated wiring, plumbing, bathroom addition, and kitchen update, the cottage is pretty much the same as it has been for decades. 

I first visited for a family reunion in August 2019 and stayed the weekend, while I've never been to Morningside before, I felt an immediate sense of peace and being safe when I got there.  I'm thankful I got a chance to visit Labour Day weekend and say hi to my cousins. 

Speaking of sanctuaries outside the city, I just got back from a long weekend photography retreat so more great photo content will be coming later this fall. 



Camera: Nikon F2 AS, Nikkor Ai 50 f2 lens. 

Film: Bergger Pancro 400, HC110 B. 



Morningside Cottage Labour Day Weekend 2021 Lake Simcoe Cottage Shores Weekend 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.