Borrowed my Brother's Nikon F5 and I'm so Screwed.

I borrowed Alex's F5 again and I'm so screwed. 

Ok, lets back up a bit, back at the end of August in my late Summer dog and house sitting stint in the Beaches I borrowed Alex's F5 to run some slide film. I was in over my head with the camera and wasted a third of a roll of Velvia 50. Yeah put the camera back where I found it and moved on. I love my F100, F90x's and F4. 

Fast forward to the Christmas break, I'm back in the Beach, asked Alex if I could borrow his F5 again, I ran a roll of Japan Camera Hunter Streetpan 400 and Lomography 400 colour film. I'm screwed, so screwed because I want one now. What's the difference between then and now? I took the time to get the know the camera, and of course peek at the owner's manual I pulled up on my iPad. The F5 became a much more comfortable camera to shoot with, knowing what all the controls did I pushed the camera a bit. 

If shooting with a Nikon F or F2 is like driving a vintage Porsche 911, the F5 is a Maclaran supercar. I set it up for 3D Colour Matrix metering and aperture priority, and went to town on the photowalk. I just ran with the AF-D Nikkor 50 f1.4 lens, making the F5 a really fast and complicated point and shoot. I since picked up the AF-D Nikkor 50 f1.4 and there will be a future blog post about that. The F4 is a heavy camera that doesn't feel heavy, it is that well balanced. Like its predecssor F4, the F5 takes AA batteries which are available everywhere,  which is good as you need a lot of them to power the camera up. 

Yes, I want a F5, along with the AF-D 20-35 F2.8 and the AF-D 80-200 F2.8 lenses, I already have the 50 f1.4. GAS hit hard. 


Camera: Nikon F5, AF-D Nikkor 50 f1.4 lens. 

Film: Japan Camera Hunter Streetpan 400, D76 1+1. 



Nikon F5 Outdoor Chirstmas Ornament Pleasantville Alley Dec 2021 Lakshore Crosswalk Dec 2021 Sprawling Willow at Woodbine Beach A Pair on the Beach Benches Along the Boardwalk John and Ori Leuty Beach Muskoka of Chairs Leuty Lifeguard Station from the East Side_ Beach Front Duplexes on Hubbard and Snow Fence Hazel Ave Late Dec 2021 Goof Sign on a Grey Day Late Dec 2021 Teh Fox Late Dec 2021 Fox Box Office Late Dec 2021 Left Fox Sign Dec 2021 Bulldog at Attention_ John Meadows Late Dec 2021 Ori Carmona Late December 2021 Goof From Across the St._

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.