Rollei 3.5 F Twin Lens Reflex Camera




Camera: Type 3 Rolleiflex 3.5 F Planar Twin Lens Reflex Camera
Film: Ilford HP5 400, HC110 B.

I parted company with my Hasselblad kit, I really haven't been using it for a while and while I love Zeiss optics, it just wasn't getting used. I pondered selling, even had an ad up on Facebook for a while, priced to move because I wanted to put together a fund to buy a second Rolleiflex to compliment my Series E 3.5 Planar. Nobody bit, I took the ad down, and the Hassie sat for another year until last week. Niagara region based photographer Bryan Capaoricci had a type 3 Rolleiflex 3.5 Planar F TLR he wanted to trade for a Hasselblad kit. Some messages were exchanged and we met up at a Starbucks off the QEW in Grimsby to do the exchange.

Twin lens reflex cameras weren't Bryan's thing but medium format SLR systems were and I love TLR's so everyone is happy. My new camera was recently overhauled by Mark Hanson and has a Maxwell bright screen along with the removable prism if you don't want to shoot with a waist level finder, a couple of Rolleinars for close up work and some neutral density filters. I'm pretty much set for my Rollei kit.


Now shooting with a freshly overhauled Rollei with a Maxwell bright screen installed is something else. Everything just snaps into focus and I didn't take a bad shot on the roll. Granted it was a grey morning and I was uing Ilford HP5 as an old faithful to test the camera out. So why do a trade? I just wasn't shooting my Hasselblad kit and while I loved the optics, I am deep down a twin lens reflex camera kinda guy.

Type 3 Rolleiflex 3.5 F Planar TLR


Ossington Looking South

East Side of Ossington

Suburu Mini Truck_

50 Ossington Pop Up Gallery_

Walking Along Ossington

Levack Corner

Levack Corner Entrance

Waiting to Cross South

Side St. Planter Boxes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.