The 24mm Focal Length

I have 24mm lenses in some of my camera systems but not others, and up until recently while I own thses lenses I didn't use them much unitl this past winter, with the Nikkor Ais 24 f2.8 lens with my black Nikon FM. I also used that same lens on this year's NLP trip up to Norhtern Muskoka and I really loved the photographs I got out of it. So with a recent trip into the city, I packed my Nikkor N 24 f2.8 lens with my Nikon F2SB instead of the Nikkor H 28 f3.5 lens.

The 24mm lens got used just past sun down which this time of year was around 5 PM. I need something that can hoover light in and the same time deliver reasonably shart results I can print from. The Nikkor N 24 f2.8 delivers in this case. I also love the OM Zuiko, and Canon FD SSC 24 F2.8 lenses. They both deliver in spades in this focal length camera companies usually go to town and deliver a stunning piece of glass. I'm still on the hunt for something in Pentax K mount and Minolta Rokkor MC/MD mount, patience will reward me if not OEM glass but a decent third party lens.

Getting back to the Nikkor N 24 f2.8. Stupid me packed the lens hood for a 28mm lens. While I got away with most of the shots sans lens hood, there were a couple that suffered from lens flare that was just not fixable in Lightroom. Oh well, what can you do. I ordered a second Nikon HN-1 hood so this will no longer be an issue. Always use lens hoods with your lenses builds contrast and cuts flare down.


Camera: Nikon F2SB, Nikkor N 24 f2.8 lens.
Film: Ultrafine Extreme 400, pushed to 1600 ISO, HC110 B.

Sundown on University_

King and University Congestion

King and York By night

York St. at Quitting Time_

York St. at Quitting Time Two_

Rental Bikes on King

Looking Across the Exchange Tower Entrance


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.