Beaches, Olympus OM-2n, and Kodak Portra 400

 

If you look an Instagram, Kodak Portra 400, particularly in 35mm has to be from my very unscientific research to be the most popular colour film. I know photographers both pro and amateur who shoot truckloads of the stuff, hence that classic pastelly "Portra 400" look that spawned who knows how many Lightroom plug ins so people can replicate the look for the 'Gram. I struggle with Portra 400 in 35mm, why? I have no idea, I never have issues with Ultramax 400 or Lomography 400 (pretty much the same stuff) and I get great results every time with Portra 160 and Ektar 100. I don't have these problems in 120, just 35mm. I should try Fujifilm Pro 400H in 35mm and see what I get out of that. 

That said I find Portra 400 does ok with Zuiko lenses, especially the multi coated ones. I have to work on my scanning workflow which is a case of continual improvement. 

Camera: Olympus OM-2n, Zuiko lenses. 

Film: Kodak Portra 400 


Path Between Protected Patches in Kew Gardens Kew Gardens Baseball Diamond Flower Close Up Lee Avenue Midweek Morning on the Boardwalk_ No Lifeguard on Duty Dogwalking on the Beach_ Sunflower in the Breeze Walking Past Great Coffee North Side of Queen and the New Gelato Joint Morning at Firestation 227 Breakwall Yellow Umbrellas and Lunch Bee on the Flower Vintage Land Rover I Vintage Land Rover 2 Waiting to Be Seated on the Murphy's Law Patio Hanging in front of Brett's Maya Looking Up

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.