Hiking, the Tonic for a Pandemic Part One.

This past Summer I've spent a huge amount of time out hiking, You wouldn't know it from all the photos from my stay in the Beaches back in August. The Bruce Trail, especially stretches in the north end of Halton have been a great place to forest bathe in the middle of the crazy times. Hiking accomplishes two things, keeping my mental health in a good place during the pandemic while looking after mom, and get some thing approaching the exerceise I used to get at the gym which feels like a lifetime ago. I would have to hike 8km of this stretch of the Bruce Trail at least five days a week to get those particular resuls. I'm only doing this on average once a week. Something will change long term, just not right now. 

I am fortunate to have company with my friend Nicole, she's in the same boat I am, looking after elderly parents, it's really nice to have someone along for the hike who gets it. 

The camera gear of choice has been my Olympus OM-2n, and on this hike Ultrafine Extreme 400, this film is a bargain and while positioned as a film for students, it punches far far above the intended market segment. I need to find more of this film and buy more bulk rolls. 


Camera: Olympus OM-2n, Zuiko S 50 f1.4 lens, S 28 F2.8 lens. MC 65-200 F4 Zoom lens. 

Film: Ultrafine Extreme 400, HC110 B. 



Looking Up Fallbrook Road Bridge over Mud Wooden Path in teh Trees Bridge Over the Silvercreek Tributary Crossing the Bridge on the Bruce Trail_ Bruce Trail Curve in Silvercreek_ More Root Systems_ Wooden Path Stretch of the Bruce Trail_ North Halton Water Between the Rocks Two Nicole on the Bridge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.