Ilford Ortho Plus 80 in the Beaches.

 Ilford Ortho Plus 80 is not a new film in Ilford's line up, but new in the sense it's available in 120 and 35mm to the delight of black and whtie photographers everywhere. I bought a few rolls to try out while staying at my brother's place but in the end only shot one of them, after being on a tear with my Rolleiflex. In terms of developers I had D76 mixed up and since it and ID-11 are pretty much the same developer, I used the ID-11 1+1 time and went to town. 

So, what I found, this film LOVES bright sunshine. I shot with my Olympus OM-2n, with Zuiko lenses and they are plenty contrasty without requiring a filter. I shot on day that had a mixture of sun and cloud, and when the sun was out, the film popped. However, when the sun went behind the clouds it got a bit duller. You definitely want a bright and sunny day. 

Ortho Plus 80 is my first experience with orthochromatic film, in terms of handling I found Ortho Plus 80 low maintence compared to Ferrania P30 which requires more care in metering and development. 


Camera: Olympus OM-2n, Zuiko S 50 f1.4 lens, Zuiko S 28 f2.8 lens.  

Film: Ilford Ortho Plus 80, D76 1+1. 



Looking West on Norhtern Dancer Parking Garage Decoration Birdhouse in the Shade_ Lakeshore Townhouses._ Little Tots Hair Shop_ Outdoor Dining and Publis Transit Stone Lion Before Opening_ Coffee Pick Up at Buds_ Middle of Quuen St. with a BMW Queen Anne Style Gardener's Cottage Lifeguard Station under Puffy Clouds Ashbridges Bay Marina_ Weekday Wander in Ashbrdiges Bay Park Skyline from Ashbridges Bay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.