August Long Weekend Part One, Beaverton Ontario.

 My family's roots trace to Brock Township in the north end of Durham Region ans I planned a solo day trip with the intention of visiting my cousins on the way back. Jo-Anne was up in North Bay visiting her parents, the weekend was mine. 

Beaverton, the small town within Brock Township is at the north end of Durham Region on the shores of Lake Simcoe is both a summer destination being a gateway to cottage country and a winter destination for the ice fishing scene on the lake. Beaverton's downtown has a lot going on with full occupancy on the main street. The town movie theatre changed hands and building is being repainted, the portraits of the town fathers including my great uncle Masson are in storage somewhere. I wonder if my Aunt Mary- Elinor made an under the table payment to have them taken down, she never liked Great Uncle Masson's likeness in the portrait. 

The real photogenic hotspot is the harbour on the Beaver River with the boathouses/cottages along the edges. It's strictly a powerboat scene up here. Lake Simcoe is a big lake but not the Great Lakes. 

I ran with Eastman Double X this outing because as usual on a long holiday weekend, the weather forecast was all over the place. I also ran with my Nikon F2SB, a rig I don't pull out too often, For a super accurate meter in an F2, I wind up reaching for a F2AS instead. I also used an early 1960s Nikkor S 50 F1.4 lens as my nifty 50 with great results. 


Camera: Nikon F2SB, Nikkor Pre Ai lenses. 

Film: Eastman Double X, D76 1+1. 



The Stewart Barn Stweart Barn North Half Ben's Pharmacy Mural_ Mango's on the Corner Heavy Traffic in Downtown Beaverton Differing  Vehicle Philospohies Traffic to Downtown Beaverton Traffic Along Simcoe St Turning onto Simcoe St Dr. Masson Smith's Surgery Shortisis Cafe Bar Powerboat on the Beaver River Boathouses on the South Side of the Beaver River Boathouses on the South Side of the Beaver River Also Cottages Beaver River Boat Houses Streetside Barny's by the Beaver River Barny's VIP Dock Beaverton Cottage North Shore with a Boathouse Boathouse on the North Side of the Beaver River Boats On the Beaver River

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Barnack Madness, What Was I Thinking?