August Long Weekend Part Two, Morningside, Cannington and Sunderland.

 My day trip around Brock Township included a visit with my cousins at their cottage which has been in the Smith/Stewart clan for almost a century. I found out a few things about my great granddad William G.  Smith and my granddad Arthur Smith. I know great granddad William G. moved to Toronto prior to the First World War but I got the Toronto address wrong. They didn't live on the edge of what's Corso Italia but instead in Hillcrest just east of Oakville Collegiate a block south of St. Clair West. I think Great Granddad Smith rented as he spent the final year of his life in the early 1930s in Moore Park a couple blocks south of St. Clair Avenue East and east of Yellow Ravine. 

The other thing I found out was Granddad Arthur signed up for the Canadian Expeditionary Forces in his mid 20s in 1915 as a Private. He came home three years later as a Sargent on a medical discharge with an injured left hand. Granddad Arthur, I think moved to Montreal in the later 1920s to work in newly formed Canadian National's marketing department. 


Camera: Nikon F2SB, Nikkor Pre Ai lenses. 

Film: Eastmand Double X, D76 1+1. 



Morningside Cottage August 2022 Sideroad 18a at Connession Road 12 Cannington Welcomes You Sign August 2022 Front Yard Pontiac Firebird Cannington 3 Speed in the Rafter Cannington Blacksmith Shop and Museum Cameron Street Co-Op Cafe August 2022 Cameron St. Downtown Cannington August 2022 Cameron St. Cafe and Post Office Post Office Cannington_ Downtown Cannington August 2022 Brock Sign August 2022 7up in the Sun Vines on the Wall August 2022 Cameron St. House with Balcony August 2022 Two Cannington Convience Store and Mazda 3 Cannington Antique Store Cannington Salon on the Corner Cannington Library Cons 11 Field One Sunderland General Store_ Sunderland Downtown_ Sunderland Church off the Main Drag Sunderland Main Drag Revisited_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Barnack Madness, What Was I Thinking?