Mystery Camera Challenge 2022, I got Through the Roll!

 

Classic Camera Revival has an annual Mystery Camera Challenge and I usually wind up with a camera that either has super odd ergonomics or just flat out quits on me. This year I wound up with a plastic brick of a camera from the 1990s call the Minolta Weathermatic. It is an auto everything camera, it chooses the shutter speed and aperture, all I can do choose between 35mm or 50mm focal lengths and how I can compose the image. I can't even set the ISO. 

In hindsight while the Weathermatic defaults to 100 ISO, I should have run with a roll of Fomapan 100 instead a bulk loaded roll of Ilford Delta 100. The negatives, the vast majority of then were super dense but could be rescued during the scanning process. The end results were on the lo-fi and dreamy side but I got photos. The Weathermatic from where I'm sitting isn't meant to be used underwater but during the shittiest weather you can throw at it or when ran a foam machine at a rave. it was interesting having all the the decisions and controls taken away from me. The only choice was do I want 35 or a 50mm focal length which was available at a touch of a button. I could see the Weathermatic being the pefect vacation camera, anyone can pick it up and just take the shot. 


Camera: Minolta Weathermatic, 35/50 mm lens. 

Film: Ilford Delta 100, Ilfotec HC 1+31. 



Morning on Main St. in Milton Pizzaiolio Community Vehicle_ Former Post Office Now Restaraunt Mid Life Crisis Ride on Main St._ Main St. Junction Box the Barn Door and Cafe Vintage Dodge Two Milton August 2022 Beidge Over the Mill Pond Stream Reflection in the Mill Pond Stream Dam Stream off Mill Pond Former CN Right of Way CPR Level Crossing Gate_ Main St. Traffic in Milton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Scotsdale Farm in the Fall