Back Shooting Catlabs XFilm 80 in the Spring with my Rolleicord Vb.

 I don't shoot medium format in the winter much, I had an expereince with my Mamiya C220f where the 80 F2.8 lens crapped out on me in the cold and needed servicing. Actually the lens really did need servicing. Since winter weather receded sooner than later, I pulled out my Rolleicord Vb for a good workout and loaded it with Catlabs X Film 80, their tribute to Kodak Panatomic X black and white film that got discontinued ages ago with Tmax 100 being its replacement. 

The big knock against Catlabs X Film 80 is it was finished and spooled by Shanghai Film in China, which has at best a very mixed reputation for quality control (work with me, I'm being polite, they might get their act together and surprise us all). I pre soak the film in water for five minutes or so prior to developing to get the antihalation layer off and any other crud that wound up on the film. I process in HC110 dillution B and I love the results. I prefer X Film 80 for a hybrid process, as in develop, scan, post process in Lightroom and print in either book, zine, or inkjet print form. Personal preference on my part. 

I think a zine project my present itself with the Rolleicord Vb and Catlabs X Film 80 combination, you will just have to wait and see. 


Rolleicord Vb, 75 f3.5 Schneider Xenar Lens. 

Film: Catlabs X Film 80, HC110 B. 



Rolleicord Vb and Dark Roast. Favourite House On Navy St Lakeside Park In the Sun Heritage Post Office in the Park Old Oakville Lakeshore Lakeside Park Lower Path Path to the East 16 Mile Creek Breakwall_ Erchliss Behind the Retaining Wall Erchliss East Building Wiliam St Story and a Half St. Judes_ Lakeshore Road Late Morning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.