The Black Nikon FM2n

 I should put a sub heading my blog, "Stuff I shoot on cameras I got when Gear Acquistition Syndrome hit me, and this winter it hit like a ton of bricks."

The black Nikon FM2n is wasn't really a need to have but nice to have, I've owned a chrome FM2n for ages and it's a solid workhorse. The collector in me wanted a black one, and you know black cameras take better photos as the old trope goes. I've been stalking a black FM2n for a few years now and with the recent spike in film camera prices out there, the thought of owning was getting further and further out of reach until fellow photographer and film photographery podcaster Jake Rose was selling his to make room for a new purchase. So, timing was just right, I got a great camera at slightly below market value that works like a champ. 

When looking for gear but as a tool or you're a collector like I am as well, it pays to be patient and at the same time be prepared to move when the opportunity presents itself. 

Is my Gear Acquisition Syndrome done? Not sure, it has slowed down.



Camera: Nikon FM2n, Niikkor Ais 35 F2 lens. 

Film: Fomapan 400, HC110 B



Nikon FM2N The Old OT Roofline The Old OT in the Sun Two Old OT in the Sun Reyonlds Looking North Heritage House at the corner of Palmer and Reyonlds_ Corner of Palmer and Reyonlds Sts St. George's Square Bandshell_ Bench with a Lakeside View West End of Dingle Park_ Queen Anne House on the Corner 213 William Street Mansion 52 Navy in the Afternoon Sun Robinson St. Apartments

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.