Nikkormat FT2, and Ortho Plus 80 from Ilford

 

I don't shoot Ortho film all that often, the previous occasion was last Summer and through one of my Olympus OM-2n's. This time out I took my new to me recently recently re-sealed Nikkormat FT2 and popped a green filter on the Nikkor SC 50 f1.4 lens so I wouldn't get blown out skies. One thing with a green filter, you lose two stops of light. If I want a fine grained Ilford film I think I'll reach for FP4 125 instead, it's a more versatile film to shoot with. 

As for the black Nikkormat FT2, it delivered, granted I had to fix jumpy meter syndrome with some DeOxit but the meter is pretty accurate for camera made in the mid 1970s with an unknown service history. All the shutter speeds seem accurate. I plan to shoot a found roll of Ultrafine Extreme 400 through the camera to see how the higher speeds handle. 


Camera: Nikkormat FT2, Nikkor S.C. 50 f1..4 lens and green filter. 

Film: Ilford Ortho Plus 80, ID-11 1+1. 



Black Nikkormat FT2 Afternoon Walk on Cairncroft East End of Breaside HIts Cairncroft Morrison Road Straight Down the Middle Morrison Ranch Castle Morrison Heights Meets Morrison PAth for the Electrical Wires Afternoon at Lawson Park Corner Mesa Split Level_ Balsam and Lakeshore House in the Afternoon Sun Outdoor Dining on Lakeshore Starts Now Church St East at Reyonlds Guinness Sign Towne Square with Hashtag Favourite Spot by the Lake in Town

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.