Test Driving the Canon F-1n with Fomapan 400.

 I'm down to one roll of Ultrafine Extreme 400, and I'm switching to Fomapan 400 as my everyday film to shoot. I written about this film stock over the years, made in the Czech Republic Fomapan 400 is a on old school cubic grain film that delivers lovely results once you figure out how it behaves in different developers. Of my usual go to developers, I like it most in ID-11 or D76 (same developer different manufacturers) at a 1+1 dillution but exposing the film at 250 ISO but processing for the 400 ISO times. Fomapan 400 slows down in some developers but in Tmax Developer and I guess the Ilford equivelent DDX, you get some compensation and you can expose the film around 400 ISO. 

Why shoot and develop this way? Because I love the results, the contrast is just right and you get some character you're not going to get from a T-grained film. The big bonus, Fomapan be it 400, 200, or my favourite 100 is pretty reasonable in price. 


Camera: Canon F-1n, FD 35 F2 chrome nose lens. 

Film: Fomapan 400, ID-11 1+1. 



White House on Navy Restored Heritage House on Navy wiht Porch Crossing Lakeshore at Navy Church St. All the Way Down Legion Memorial Hall Cornerstone Former Masonic and Odd Fellows Halls Mini Parked on Lakeshore Town Square Semil Melted White House at William and George Sts A Quiet Spot in Old Oakville Worn Doorstep or Electric Light Cottage Lakeside Park in the Afternoon St. Jude's Garden St. Jude's In the Afternoon Ciairncroft In the Afternoon Driveway In the Afternoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.