Testing out the Reveni Labs Meter on My Olympus OM-1n

 I have a few cameras with either wonky or dead meters, they include a few Olympus OM-1's, a chrome Pentax KM and a pair of Nikkormats, using a hand held meter isn't a big deal but having a clip on meter would be cool. I asked for a Reveni Labs clip on meter for Christmas and of course got it. I had an opportunity to see some pre preduction prototypes at the last in person Toronto Film Shooters meet up late last February. The creater,  Matt Bechberger builds his own cameras from parts from broken camera bodies and takes a continual improvement approach with his products. 

First off, the meter is small, I mean really small as witnessed in the hotshoe of my black Olympus OM-1n The controls are miniscule but usesable with a very legible read out screen on the back, The meter is powered by one LR44 battery. The exposure readings were bang on compared to my Sekonic L398 meter and you can use the meter with confidence. 

I don't know the rationale why Matt didn't calibrate for the SR44, Energizer 357 but you're going to have no problem finding batteries either way. 

Overall I'm quite impressed with the performance of the Reveni Labs meter, and I heard through the grapevine Matt is working on a super compact spot meter for medium and large format shooters. 


Camera: Olympus OM-1n,  Zuiko lenses. 

Film: Kentmere 400, HC110 B. 



Olympus OM-1N with a  Reveni Labs Meter Frozen Wedgewood Pool_ Devon Road Curve_ Devon Sort of Bungalow_ Wish Tree. Decorations Wish Tree Wedgewood and Devon Modernism Adair Crescent Vine Between the Fence Slats_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.